What We Believe
The Spiritual Objective of Solid Rock Preparatory Academy is to encourage its students, families, and staff members to live and work wholeheartedly for the Lord and for the building of His body, the Church. Furthermore we encourage everyone associated with this ministry to live in ever increasing obedience to Him by bringing all facets of their lives under His control and authority (Matthew 22:37-40). Parents, staff, and board members, therefore, must be in agreement with the ministry’s statements of faith and with its non-denominational position.
Statement of Faith
We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and conduct.
Accordingly, based on Scripture, we believe:
1. The Bible to be the inspired, only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
2. There is only one God, eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
A. In the deity of Christ (John 10:33);
B. His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35);
C. His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26-27);
D. His miracles (John 2:11);
E. His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3-5; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9);
F. His resurrection (John 11:25-26; 1 Corinthians 15:4);
G. His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19);
H. His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
4. In the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God's grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
5. In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
6. In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
7. In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling, the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8: 13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30; 5:18).
8. In the biblical definition of marriage, gender and sexuality as set forth below:
a. We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen. 1:26-27).
b. We believe in the biblical definition of marriage as the uniting of one man and one woman in a
single, exclusive union for life (Genesis 2:18-25) and that God intends sexual intimacy to occur
only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2-5;
c. We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (Matt. 15:18-20; 1 Cor. 6:9-10).
d. We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Rom. 10:9-10; 1 Cor. 6:9-11).
e. We believe that since each person is made in the image of God, every person has value, and
must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31).
9. We believe all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of immeasurable
worth in all its dimensions. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life
10. We believe that all followers of Christ are under the mandate of Jesus Christ to proclaim the
Gospel to the world (Matthew 28:19).
Solid Rock Prep’s Statement of Faith is fundamental to basic Christian tenets and contains those doctrines to which we unreservedly adhere and teach. We do not promote or endorse any particular denomination. It is our desire to maintain this position and to do so in all fairness to each family. There shall be no attempt made by parents, students, staff, or school board members to promote or disparage any doctrinal or denominational beliefs, practices, or positions regarding issues upon which the ministry itself has assumed no official stance: church-government authority, time and mode of baptism, security of the believer, timing of future events, the baptism of the Holy Spirit, sinless perfection and gifts of the Spirit. In the event secondary doctrine is brought up, students will be referred back to the family and church for final authority. Additionally, we will require respectful dialogue when subjects naturally arise pertaining to denominational doctrine, recognizing God’s inspired Word as our standard for truth. We desire to remain united in the salvation and love of Christ, avoiding the dissension that may be caused by denominational distinctives.
Final Authority for Matters of Belief and Conduct
The above Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of the ministry’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, the Board of Directors of Solid Rock Prep is the final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrinal beliefs in our Statement of Faith.